Last Updated on 08/11/2022 by Mega Job Alert
Daily Current Affairs 9th November 2022
Testing & evaluation facility for Sonar Systems was launched by DRDO
- Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO) launched Hull Module of Submersible Platform for Acoustic Characterization & Evaluation (SPACE) facility at Naval Physical & Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL), Kochi for the Indian
- This will be mainly utilized for evaluating Sonar systems, allowing for quick deployment and easy recovery of scientific packages such as sensors and transducers.
List of Most Polluted Indian Cities
- The Central Pollution Control Board released the air pollution levels in India worsened in 2022. Katihar in Bihar had the highest AQI (Air Quality Index) of 360 among 163 Indian cities on November 7, 2022.
- The data shows that Delhi’s AQI stood at 354, Noida’s stood at 328 and Ghaziabad’s stood at 304. Begusarai (Bihar), Ballabgarh, Faridabad, Kaithal and Gurugram in Haryana and Gwalior (MP) were also among the most polluted cities.
Center announces the Private Agencies Get Accredited for Mineral Exploration
- With the amendment of Mines & Minerals (Development & Regulation) MMDR Act in 2021, private agencies can also participate in exploration for the mineral sector after getting duly accredited by QCI-NABET.
- So far, 13 private agencies have been accredited and subsequently notified by the Central Government. Now the total number of government agencies engaged in mineral exploration is 22.
Indo-German Week of the Young Researchers 2022
- The Indo-German Week of the Young Researchers 2022, which was inaugurated on November 7, 2022, brought young researchers from the two countries together to share their research interests and build long-term research partnerships.
- The week-long program was inaugurated by Dr. Akhilesh Gupta, Secretary, Board of Scientific and Engineering Research and Senior Advisor, Department of Science and Technology.
PM Modi unveiled the logo, theme and website for G20 Presidency
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 8th 2022 unveiled India’s logo, theme and website for its presidency of the G20.
- The G20 logo, created with the four colors of India’s national flag, comprises earth sitting atop of lotus. The seven petals in the logo signify the seven seas and the coming together of seven continents at G20 India 2023.
- The earth reflects India’s pro-planet approach to life and from this; it derives the theme of G20 India 2023 – Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: One Earth, One Family, One Future.
Learning Level Software introduced in 82 Government Schools in Patiala
- The district administration in Patiala made a partnership with organization Educational Initiatives, launched “Mindspark – adaptive learning platform’ for students studying in government schools of Patiala.
- Under the initiative, With its Artificial Intelligence powered engine and 20 years of research on children’s learning, Mindspark caters to students’ individual learning levels in reading and mathematics’
17th Wildlife Sanctuary of Tamil Nadu
- Chief Minister M. K. Stalin has declared the area as Cauvery South Wildlife Sanctuary with 686 sq km in Dharmapuri and Krishnagiri districts.
- This major initiative along with the activities of Green Movements implemented by the Tamil Nadu Green Climate Institute will go a long way in protecting the state’s rich biodiversity.
Justice Rituraj Awasthi appointed as Chairman of Law Commission of India
- The central government has appointed retired Karnataka High Court judge Rituraj Awasthi as the head of the Law Commission of India.
- Since the last chairman of the Law Commission of India retired in August 2018, there is no appointment has been made to the post, and now the Law Commission will be headed by retired Justice Rituraj Awasthi.
2,000-year-old tunnel discovered under temple in Egypt
- The Greco- Roman tunnel was 2,000 years old and was discovered beneath the Ancient Egyptian city of Taposiris Magna.And the archaeologists have found a 4,800 foot long tunnel below an ancient Egyptian city which may lead the way to the long lost tomb of the last pharaoh Cleopatra.
- Taposiris Magna, which is a city established by Pharaoh Ptolemy II Philadelphus between 280 and 270 BC, is located in the nowadays Alexandria Governorate in Egypt.
Science and Technology
Early movements of planets were found in research
- Andre Ijitoro, a researcher at Rice University in Texas, USA, and co-researchers studied the motion of the planets in outer
- The study also found that during the first 50 million years of the formation of the planets, the planets were attracted and pulled closer to the stars and then they formed a bond with the stars in a specific orbital chain.
Kulanthaikal Ulagam book Released
- On the occasion of the 100th birth anniversary of the poet Thiru.Ala Valliappa, the centenary celebration of the child poet Ala Valliappa was held on November 7, 2022.
- Tamilnadu State Law Minister S. Raghupathi released the book “Kulanthaigal Ulagam” on the occasion.
Award to Bengaluru Metro rail transport
- Metro trains are running in Bangalore to reduce vehicular traffic on roads.
- Bangalore Metro Authority has been awarded ‘Silicon Valley’s Best Public Transport Award’ in the administrative category. Also Suburban Road Transport Directorate has been awarded in the Industrial category.
Paris Masters ATP 1000 Tennis Series 2022
- The Paris Masters 1000 ATP tennis series started in Paris, France at the end of October. In the men’s doubles finals Wesley Koolhope (Netherlands) and Neil Skupski (England)defeated Ivan Todic and Austin Krajicek to win the Paris Masters title.
- Also in men’s singles, Norway’s Holger Roone (19 years old) defeated Serbian star Novak Djokovic to win the title for the first time.
Para Shooting Championship Series 2022
- The Para Shooting World Championship series started on 6 November 2022 in Al Ain, UAE.
- India’s Rahul Jagger won the bronze medal in mixed singles 25m pistol SH1 category in the series. In the mixed team 25m pistol SH1, Indian players Rahul Jagger, Nihal and Singhraj won the gold medal. With this, the Indian team has now won 2 medals.
World Freedom Day
- World Freedom Day is celebrated on November 9. It is a US federal observance declared by then-President George W. Bush to commemorate the fall of the Berlin Wall and the end of communist rule in Central and Eastern Europe.