Last Updated on 08/11/2022 by Mega Job Alert
Daily Current Affairs 8th November 2022
Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas
- Union Education Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan will be celebrating ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas’ in a grand manner in the schools, skill and higher educational institutions across the country,In 2021, the Government had declared 15th November the birth anniversary of Birsa Munda as ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Divas’.
- These programmes will inspire the future generations to acknowledge their sacrifices of the tribal freedom fighters for the country.
10 percent reservation for EWS case – Supreme Court Judgement
- On November 7, 2022, the Supreme Court ruled that 10 percent reservation would go to economically weaker sections.
- On January-8, 2019, the Law Ministry announced that the amendment bill created in Section 103 of the Constitution was approved by the Lok Sabha of the Parliament and then on January-12, 2019, President Ram Nath Govind had approved it.
- After this Supreme Court case challenging the new law in February. Now after several hearings, on November 7, 2022, the 10 percent reservation for economically weaker sections was passed with a 3-2 majority.
WMO has published eight warmest years
- Eight years since 2015 will be recorded as eight warmest years, the World Meteorological Organization published in its November 2022 annual report.
- And the global average temperature by 2022 is estimated to be 1.15°C higher than the pre-industrial (1850-1900) average.
- WMO – World Meteorological Organization
13 road projects inaugurated in Madhya Pradesh
- Mr Gadkari and Chief Minister Chouhan will lay the foundation stone of five road projects of 329 km worth 1,261 crores at Police Ground, Mandla.
- On the other hand, they will inaugurate eight road projects of 214 km long costing 4,054 crore rupees at Veterinary College Ground in Jabalpur. Totally 13 road projects worth 5,315 crore rupees in Jabalpur and Mandla districts of Madhya Pradesh on 7th nov 2022.
A New 14 substations are inaugurated in Tamil Nadu
- Tamil nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin inaugurated 14 new sub-stations at a cost of Rs.373.22 lakhs on November 7, 2022.
- Chief Minister M. K. Stalin laid the foundation stone for the construction of 8 new 110 KW substations to be constructed at an estimated cost of 130 crores and 18 lakh rupees.
World’s first Vedic clock to be installed in Ujjain
- Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain, the city of Mahakal will soon launch the world’s first Vedic clock which will be synced with the position of the Sun. Vedic clock is that it will be based on Vedic calculation of the time, in which the 24 hours of the day are divided into Muhurats.
- This came after state higher education minister Mohan Yadav on November 6th 2022 laid the foundation stone at the 300-year-old Jiwaji Observatory in Ujjain. The observatory was constructed by Maharaja Sawai Raja Jaisingh of Jaipur in 1719.
KV Kamath appointed as Independent Director of RIL
- The Board of Directors has, at its meeting held, based on the recommendation of the human resources, appointed that Shri K. V. Kamath.
- KV Kamath has been appointed as an Independent Director and non-executive Chairman for Reliance Strategic Investment Limited (RSIL). RSIL will be renamed as Jio Financial Services Limited (“JFSL”)
GSMA appointed as Gopal Vittal as Deputy Chairman
- The GSMA, a global organization that represents mobile network operators worldwide, elected Gopal Vittal, the CEO of Bharti Airtel as Deputy Chair among the newly-elected members, for a two-year term beginning January 1, 2023.
- There are 26 members of the GSMA Board, including senior representatives from global mobile operators as well as smaller independent operators.
- GSMA – Global System for Mobile communications Association.
Ancient Mahavira sculptures discovered
- A thousand-year-old two sculptures of Mahavira, a Jain tirthankara, have been found in Killukkudi village near Manamadurai, Sivagangai district, one was carved in relief on a two-and-a-half-feet-high and two-feet-wide slab of stone.
- Another sculpture is seen with the head part defaced and the parts above it completely defaced, the sculptures belong to the ninth century.
Science and Technology
ISRO plans a new spacecraft to the moon
- ISRO’s plan to send a spacecraft to the dark side of the moon by joining with the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency.
- According to this project, it is also reported that ISRO is planning to send rover and Lander instruments to the south pole of the moon with a rocket made in Japan.
China plans to send monkeys into space
- China is now setting up a new space research center in space and is planning to send monkeys to the space center to conduct research on growth and physiological variation in space.
- Zhang Lu, a Chinese researcher, said that by doing preliminary research with animals, we can know the claims that humans need to live in space.
A bigger size black hole was found near the Earth
- A black hole with a mass 10 times that of the Sun has been discovered by the European Space Agency’s Gaia spacecraft.
- It is located at a distance of 1,600 light years. (A light-year is 9.5 trillion kilometers.) The discovery was made by scientists using the Gemini North telescope.
Rene Naba releases New Book “Nuclearization of Asia”
- French Author Rene Naba has authored a new bilingual book in both French and English titled “De la Nucléarisation de l’Asie“(Nuclearization of Asia).
- The book discusses the nuclear emergency and threat posed by the nexus of Pakistan and China. The book published by Golias was released at the Geneva Press Club.
National Florence Nightingale award 2021
- The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu presented the National Florence Nightingale Awards for the year 2021 to recognize the meritorious services rendered by the nurses and nursing professionals to the society.
- The National Florence Nightingale Awards were introduced in the year 1973 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, and this ceremony was held on November 7, 2022 at Rashtrapati Bhavan and totally 51 members received this award in 2021.
Uttarakhand Gaurav Samman award
- Every year the Uttarakhand government honors individuals with the Uttarakhand Gaurav Samman in order to recognize their accomplishments in their various disciplines.
- And this award would be given to National Security Advisor (NSA), Ajit Doval, poet Prasoon Joshi, and three other individuals for their notable achievements and this ceremony will be held on 9th Nov, 2022.
Para Badminton Championship Series 2022
- The Para Badminton Championship series for the differently abled persons was held in Tokyo, the capital of Japan.
- India’s Manisha Ramadoss defeated Japan’s Mamiko Toita to win the gold medal in the women’s singles finals, while India’s Pramod Bhagat won the gold medal in the men’s singles.
National Cancer Awareness Day
- National Cancer Awareness Day is celebrated on 7 November in India and this day aims to focus on cancer prevention and early detection.
- In 2022, the global cancer community commemorates World Cancer Day, on February 4, with the slogan “Close the care gap”.
World Radiography Day-November 8
- World Radiography Day marks the anniversary of the discovery of X-rays in 1895. The purpose of this day is to raise public awareness of radiographic imaging and therapy,
- And it plays a crucial role in the diagnosis and the treatment of patients and, most importantly, ensuring radiation is kept to the minimum required, hence improving the quality of patient care.