Last Updated on 09/11/2022 by Mega Job Alert
Daily Current Affairs 10th November 2022
AIM launches women centric challenges
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog today launches Women centric challenges under phase-II of the 2nd edition of the Atal New India Challenge (ANIC).
- ANIC’s Woman centric challenges address the major issues faced by women from all spheres of life.
- AIM-Atal Innovation Mission
NMCG Organizes 12th Edition of Webinar
- The 12th edition of the Monthly Webinar Series with Universities ‘Igniting Young Minds: Rejuvenating River Was organized by the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG),
- Aim of the webinar series is to connect with the younger generation on the important issues of water conservation and river rejuvenation,The theme of the webinar was ‘Public Participation’.
List of Top 200 Asian Universities was released
- QS is one of the international ranking institutes (Quaquarelli Symonds) organization has released the top 200 ranking list of Asian universities for the year 2023.
- 19 universities of India are included in this list. In this I.I.T.Mumbai ranked 40th place. Delhi I.I.T. in 46th place and IISC Bangalore ranked 52nd position and IIT Chennai ranked 53rd place.
Asia’s Most Powerful Women List was published
- Forbes organization has listed the names of 20 Asian Powerful women business leaders who faced the crisis and put their business on the path of growth when the business activities were paralyzed due to the Corona lockdown.
- 3 Indian women are included in this list namely Soma Mandal, Chairman of Steel Authority of India, Namitha Thapar, Managing Director of MQur Pharma, Ghajal Alak, Co-Founder of Honasa Consumer.
Uttarakhand State Formation Day – November 9
- Uttarakhand was created as the 27th state of India on 9 November 2000, after it was carved out of northern Uttar Pradesh.
- Located at the foothills of the Himalayan mountain range, it is a mostly hilly state with international borders with China (Tibet) to the north and Nepal to the east.
PhonePe, the first player to enable UPI activation with Aadhaar
- Leading fintech platform PhonePe on Wednesday announced it has enabled UPI activation using Aadhaar-based OTP authentication.
- PhonePe is the first UPI Third Party Application Provider (TPAP) App to roll out the Aadhaar-based UPI onboarding flow.
RN Singh appointed as General Manager of Southern Railway
- John Thomas, who was the General Manager of Southern Railway, retired on January 31 last.
- Subsequently, in this situation where some additional General Managers of Southern Railway were serving, RN Singh was appointed as the new General Manager of Southern Railway.
Vijayanagara Period Shiva Temple Inscriptions was Discovered
- Shiva temple inscriptions from the Vijayanagara period have been found near Tirupattur.
- This inscription is written in Manipravala style. This inscription was inscribed during the reign of Vijayanagara king Achutha Deva, this inscription tells of the king’s donation to the temple.
15th Century inscription found at Paramakudi in Tamil Nadu
- An ancient inscription has been found at Geezakodumalur near Paramakudi in Ramanathapuram district.
- This inscription is also known to belong to the 15th century Vijayanagara Empire period.
Science and Technology
India’s first private rocket to be launched
- India plans to launch Vikram-S, the first rocket developed by a private space agency.
- The Vikram-S rocket has been announced to be launched between November 12 and 16. According to Skyroot Aerospace, the rocket will be launched depending on the weather.
Women’s Tennis Championship
- WTA final round of the Women’s Tennis Championship was held in Fort Worth, USA.
- France’s Caroline Garcia won the singles final of the tournament, defeating Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus. He was awarded Rs.12¾ crore.
- Also in the doubles final, Veronika Gudermitova (Russia)-Elise Mertens (Belgium) defeated defending champions Barbora Krejcikova-Katerina Siniakova of the Czech Republic to win the title for the first time. The winners of the doubles competition were awarded a prize of Rs 2¾ crore
World Badminton Ranking List
- The International Badminton Federation has published the new ranking list of male and female players. Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen remains at the top of the men’s singles rankings. India’s Lakshya Sen is ranked 6th, Srikanth is ranked 11th and HS Pranai is ranked 12th.
- Japan’s Akane Yamaguchi continues to hold top place in women’s singles. Indian player PV Sindhu moved up one place to 5th position. Meanwhile, in men’s doubles, India’s Satwik Sairaj Rangi Reddy-Chirag Shetty pair has moved up one place to rank 7th.
Women’s World Boxing Championship-2023
- IBA Women’s World Boxing Championship to be held in India in 2023.
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the tournament was signed between the International Boxing Association (IBA) and the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) in the presence of IBA President Omar Kremlev and BFI President Ajay Singh.
Tamil lexicography Day Celebration
- In order to honor Veeramamunivar, who is hailed as the “father of Tamil lexicography”, his birthday on 8th November is celebrated as “Tamil Lexicography Day”.
- In this ceremony, “Thooya tamil patralar award”, “Thooya tamil oodagam Award”, “Natramil pavalar Award” for the year 2021 and book “Akarathi aaivu Malar” for the year 2022 containing the articles of 58 scholars were released.
International Accounting Day
- International Accounting Day (or International Accountants Day) is celebrated every year on November 10.
- In many countries, this day is celebrated as an event to remember the accountants for keeping the finances and financial strategies of organizations in a correct manner.