Last Updated on 06/10/2022 by Mega Job Alert
NTPC Assistant Officer Syllabus 2022 PDF Download: The National Thermal Power Corporation Limited is to Select the Suitable Candidates for the Job of Assistant Officer Environment Management/ Safety through the Recruitment Exam. The Exam Related Info is available below. Candidates can Download Safety & Environment Management Exam Pattern, and Syllabus Topics PDF below.
NTPC Assistant Officer Syllabus 2022 | NTPC Assistant Officer Safety Exam Syllabus
|Board Name||National Thermal Power Corporation Limited|
|Post Name||Assistant Officer Environment Management/ Safety|
|Exam Date||Will be Informed soon|
NTPC Assistant Officer Selection Process:
The Candidates will be Appointed after the Process of Written Exam, Interview Medical Examination Conducted by the Board.
NTPC Assistant Officer Exam Pattern:
NTPC Assistant Officer Environment Management/Safety Exam Pattern
|Part A||Subject Knowledge||70 questions|
|Part B||Aptitude||50 questions|
NTPC Assistant Officer Environment Management/ Safety Syllabus:
NTPC Assistant Officer Environment Management:
Part A Subject Knowledge
Section 1: Mathematics Foundation
- Linear Algebra: Determinants and matrices, Systems of linear equations, Eigenvalues, and eigenvectors.
- Calculus: Functions, Limit, Continuity, Differentiability, Local maxima and minima, Taylor series, Tests for convergence, Definite and indefinite integrals, Application of definite integral to obtain area and volume, Partial and total derivatives.
- Differential Equations: Linear and non-linear first-order ordinary differential equations (ODE), Higher order linear ODEs with constant coefficients, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Laplace transform and its application in solving linear ODEs.
- Probability and Statistics: Descriptive statistics, Measurement of central tendency, Dispersion, Skewness and kurtosis, Probability concepts, Conditional probability, Bayes theorem, Risk and reliability, Probability distributions, Correlation, Single and multiple regression models, Hypothesis testing (t-test, F-test, chi-square test).
Section 2: Environmental Chemistry
- Fundamentals of Environmental Chemistry: Covalent and ionic bonding; Chemical equations, concentration, and activity; Structure and chemistry of organic molecules; Radioactivity of elements; Chemical equilibria; Thermodynamics and kinetics of chemical reactions.
- Principles of water chemistry: Water quality parameters and their measurement; Acid-base equilibria; Buffer solution; Carbonate system; Solubility of gases in water; Complexation, precipitation, and redox reactions; Inorganic and organic contaminants in water and their speciation.
- Soil chemistry; Organic matter, nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, cation exchange capacity, base saturation, and sodium absorption ratio.
- Atmospheric Chemistry: Composition of the atmosphere; Reactivity of trace substances in the atmosphere; Urban atmosphere—smog and particulate pollution; Chemistry of ozone formation; Chemistry of stratosphere.
Section 3: Environmental Microbiology
- Prokaryotic and eukaryotic microorganisms; Characteristics of diverse groups of microorganisms; Classification of microorganisms; Microbial diversity; Plant-microbe and soil-microbe interactions; Role of microorganisms in wastewater treatment, bioremediation, and biogeochemical cycling.
- Cell chemistry and cell biology: Structure of proteins, nucleic acid (DNA & RNA), lipids, and polysaccharides; Bonds in biomolecules; Stereoisomerism in biomolecules; Structure of cell; Structure and function of the cytoplasmic membrane, cell wall, outer membrane, glycocalyx, chromosomes, endospores, storage products, mitochondria, and chloroplasts.
- Microbial metabolism: Anabolism and catabolism; Phosphorylation; Glycolysis; TCA cycle; Electron transport chain; Fermentation; Anaerobic respiration; Energy balances; Enzymes and Enzyme kinetics.
- Growth and control of microorganisms: Bacterial nutrition and growth; Specific growth rate and doubling time; Monod’s model; Types of culture media; Batch and continuous culture; Effects of environmental factors on growth; Control of microbes using physical and chemical methods.
- Microbiology and health: Pathogens and modes of transmission; Indicator organisms; Quantification of coliforms using MPN and membrane filtration techniques.
Section 4: Water Resources and Environmental Hydraulics
- Global Water Resources: Structure, properties, and distribution of water; Water quality; Threats to water resources; Water conservation.
- Surface Water Resources: Hydrological cycle and water balance – precipitation, infiltration, evapotranspiration, runoff; Flow hydrographs; Unit hydrographs; Stage-discharge relationship; Reservoir capacity; Reservoir and channel routing; Surface run-off models; Surface water management; Rainwater harvesting and storage.
- Groundwater Resources: Geologic formations as aquifers; Vadose and saturated zones; Confined and unconfined aquifers and their parameters – porosity, permeability, transmissivity and storage coefficient; Darcy’s law and applications; Steady state well hydraulics.
- Environmental Hydraulics: Concepts of mechanics; Properties of fluids; Pressure measurement; Hydrostatic force on surfaces; Buoyancy and flotation; Laminar and turbulent flow; Flow through pipes; Pipe networks; Boundary layer theory; Forces on immersed bodies; Flow measurement in channels and pipes; Kinematics of flow; Continuity, momentum and energy equations; Channel hydraulics – specific energy, critical flow, hydraulic jump, rapid and gradually varied flow; Design of lined and unlined channels.
Section 5: Water & Wastewater Treatment and Management
- Water and wastewater quality parameters; Eutrophication and thermal stratification in lakes; River pollution – Oxygen sag curve.
- Water treatment methods – screening, sedimentation with and without coagulation, filtration, desalination, disinfection; Water distribution and storage
- Point and non-point sources of wastewater; Population forecasting methods; Design of sewer and stormwater sewers; Sewer appurtenances; Preliminary, primary, secondary, and tertiary sewage treatment; Sludge generation, processing, and disposal methods; Sewage farming.
- Sources and characteristics of industrial effluents; Concept of Common Effluent Treatment Plants (CETP); Wastewater recycling and zero liquid discharge.
- Kinetics and reactor design: Mass and energy balance, Order and rate of reactions, Batch reactors, Completely mixed flow reactors, Plug flow reactors.
Section 6: Air and Noise Pollution
- Structure of the atmosphere; Natural and anthropogenic sources of pollution; Atmospheric sources, sinks, transport; Indoor air pollution; Effects on health and environment; Air pollution: gases and particulate matter; Air quality standards; Primary and secondary pollutants; Criteria pollutants, ambient and source standards, air quality indices, visibility.
- Particulate pollutants: measurement and control methods; Control of particulate air pollutants using gravitational settling chambers, cyclone separators, wet collectors, fabric filters (Bag-house filter), and electrostatic precipitators (ESP).
- Gaseous Pollutants: Measurement and control methods; Control of gaseous contaminants: absorption, adsorption, condensation, and combustion; Control of sulphur oxides, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, and hydrocarbons; Vapour-liquid and vapour-solid equilibria; Diffusion, Fick’s law, and interfacial mass transfer.
- Automotive emission controls, fuel quality, diesel particulate filters, catalytic converters.
- Air quality management: Point, line, and area sources; Inventory; Influence of meteorology – wind rose diagrams, stability, mixing height, topography, dispersion modeling, monitoring.
- Noise pollution: Sources; Health effects; Standards; Measurement and control methods.
Section 7: Solid and Hazardous Waste Management
- Integrated solid waste management; Waste hierarchy; Rules and regulations for solid waste management in India.
- Municipal solid waste management: Sources, generation, characteristics, collection and transportation, waste processing and disposal (including reuse options, biological methods, energy recovery processes, and landfilling).
- Hazardous waste management: Characteristics, generation, the fate of materials in the environment, treatment and disposal.
- Soil contamination and leaching of contaminants into groundwater.
- Management of biomedical waste, plastic waste, and E-waste: Sources, generation, and characteristics; Waste management practices including storage, collection, and transfer.
Section 8: Global and Regional Environmental Issues
- Global effects of air pollution – Greenhouse gases, global warming, climate change, urban heat islands, acid rain, ozone hole.
- Ecology and various ecosystems; Biodiversity; Factors influencing the increase in population, energy consumption, and environmental degradation.
Section 9: Environmental Management and Sustainable Development
- Environmental Management Systems; ISO14000 series; Environmental auditing: Environmental Impact Assessment; Life cycle assessment; Human health risk assessment
- Environmental Law and Policy – Objectives; Polluter pays principle, Precautionary principle; The Water and Air Acts with amendments; The Environment (Protection) Act (EPA) 1986; National Green Tribunal Act, 2010; National Environment Policy; Principles of International Law and International treaties.
- Energy and Environment: Energy sources – overview of resources and reserves; Renewable and nonrenewable energy sources; Energy-Environment nexus.
- Sustainable Development: Definition and concepts of sustainable development; Sustainable development goals; Hurdles to sustainability; Environment and economics.
Part B (Aptitude)
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude &
- Logical Reasoning
NTPC Assistant Officer Syllabus 2022:
Part A Subject Knowledge
Section 1: Occupational Health
- Physical Health Hazards
- Chemical Health Hazards and Their Prevention and Control
- Psychological Hazards
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders and Application of Ergonomics in Industry
- Occupational Diseases
Section 2: Industrial Safety
- Accidents and Prevention
- Hazard Identification, Prevention, and Control Techniques for Identification of Hazards
- Behavior-Based Safety
- Work Permit System
Section 3: Occupational Safety And Health Legislations
- ILO Conventions and Recommendations
- National Policy on Occupational Safety Health and Environment at Workplace
- The Factories Act, of 1948
- The Dockworkers Act, 1986, and The Dockworkers Regulations, 1990
- Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1981 and Amended, 1986
- Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 and Rules
- Workmen’s Compensation Acts, 1923
- The Mines Act, 1952 and Rules
- The Employee’s State Insurance Act, 1948
- Manufacture Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemical Rules, 1989
- OHSAS, 18001
Section 4: Industrial Hygiene
- Industrial Hygiene –TLV Place Monitoring Concept and Work
- Assessment of Airborne Contaminants in The Work Environment
- Biological Monitoring
- Industrial Ventilation
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs)
- Heat Stress
Section 5: Staff Training & Productivity
- Health of Executives
- Role of Factory Medical Officers in Promotion of Health Education and Training for Prevention of Occupational Health Problems in Industry
- Identification of Health Training Needs Designing and Organizing Training Programs
- Training Techniques
- Communication and Training
- Concept and Measurements of Productivity
- Total Quality Management
- Kaizen- Concept and Philosophy
- Principles of Healthcare Management
Section 6: Miscellaneous
- Women at Work
- Basic Types of Inventory Control Systems
- Organization & Function of Occupational Health Services
- Emergency Medical Responses – Medical Organization for Major Accident Hazard Control
- Evaluations of Industrial Injuries
- Industrial Medicine Service
- Toxicity of Some Pesticides and General Precaution
PART B (Aptitude)
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude &
- Logical Reasoning
NTPC Assistant Officer Environment Management Syllabus 2022
NTPC Assistant Officer Safety Syllabus 2022
The Exam Date for the NTPC Assistant Officer 2022 will be informed soon.
The Candidates will be Appointed after the Process of a Written Exam, Interview Medical Examination Conducted by the Board.
The Total Marks for the NTPC Assistant Officer 2022 is 120 Marks.