Last Updated on 13/11/2022 by Mega Job Alert
Daily Current Affairs 13th November 2022
Green Energy Open Access portal
- Shri R K Singh launched the Green Energy Open Access Portal through Video Conferencing. The portal provides a transparent, simplified, uniform and streamlined procedure for granting open access to green energy that will be key to facilitating deepening of electricity markets and enabling integration of Renewable Energy (RE) resources.
- The portal can be accessed at https://greenopenaccess.in/ for processing of applications related to green energy open access by the stakeholders including open access participants, traders etc.
India’s first hydrogen fuel cell catamaran vessel in Varanasi
- Cochin Shipyard has signed a MoU with Inland Waterways Authority of India to build the country’s first hydrogen fuel cell catamaran vessel for Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. The Shipyard also signed another MoU for the construction of six electric catamaran vessels for Uttar Pradesh and two such vessels for Guwahati.
- A statement issued by the Cochin Shipyard said the air-conditioned hydrogen fuel cell catamaran vessel will have a seating capacity for 100 passengers.
17th G-20 Summit
- The G20 organization was created with the aim of mutual cooperation and assistance in various important aspects including finance and fuel consumption at the international level. 20 countries including India, Indonesia, and the United States are members of this organization.
- Indonesia is currently chairing the 17th G-20 summit to be held from 14 to 16 November 2022, subsequently, the 17th G20 summit is being held in Bali, Indonesia.
- The seventh edition of the bilateral air exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the French Air and Space Force (FASF), ‘Exercise Garuda-VII’ concluded at Air Force Station, Jodhpur on 12th Nov 2022.
- The Exercise Garuda-VII provided the two Air Forces with the opportunity for professional interaction and sharing of operational knowledge and experience.
PM lays foundation stone in Visakapattinam
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone and dedicated to the nation multiple projects worth over Rs. 10,500 crores in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh on 12th November 2022.
- The Prime Minister began the projects relating to connectivity, oil and gas sector being launched in Visakhapatnam, will power Andhra Pradesh’s growth.
World’s tallest polling station
- The 68-seat assembly election in Himachal Pradesh was held on November 12,Also, Himachal Pradesh has the tallest polling station in the world.
- Himachal Pradesh (Dashigank) surrounded by the Himalayan range has a hilly region called ‘Dashigank’. It has just 52 peoples in this region at an altitude of 15,256 feet above sea level. However, a polling station has been set up by the Election Commission to facilitate people’s voting.
Economic growth slowed to 7%
- Moody’s, an international rating agency, has forecast India’s economic growth to slow to 7.7 percent by 2022.
- Current estimates show that India’s economic growth in 2022 will be slower than previously forecast due to rising interest rates, volatile climate and a slowdown in international growth.The Indian rupee has depreciated by 7 percent against the US dollar.
C.Anantharamakrishnan appointed as a director of CSIR-NIIST
- Anandharamakrishnan is appointed as director of CSIR – NIIST
- Anandharamakrishnan served as the Director of the National Institute of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM-T), formerly known as the Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur, from April 2016 to till date, And also earlier serving as Senior Principal Scientist at the CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore.
- NIIST- National Institute Of interdisciplinary science and technology
Greg Barclay re-elected as chairman of ICC
- Greg Barclay has been re-elected as the chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC) at an ICC Board meeting in Melbourne on 12 th nov 2022, Barclay’s opponent Dr. Tavengwa Mukuhlani, the chairman of Zimbabwe Cricket withdrew from the contest.
- Greg Barclay, a former head of New Zealand Cricket will now hold his second term for two more years.
Asian Elite Boxing championship 2022
- Indian boxers Lovlina Borgohain, Parveen Hooda, Saweety and Alfiya Pathan claimed Gold medals at the Asian Championships in Amman, Jordan on 11 th Nov 2022.
- In 63 kg Parveen secured 5-0 victory over Japan’s Kito Mai, In 75 kg Lovlina defeated Ruzmetova Sokhiba of Uzbekistan, In 81 kg Saweety defeated Gulsaya Yerzhan of Kazakhstan and in 52 kg Minakshi win the silver medal, a total of 267 boxers from 27 countries are taking part in the event.
Kabaddi World Cup 2025
- The West Midlands will host the 2025 Kabaddi World Cup, an initiative of the World Kabaddi Federation
- This is the first time that a kabaddi world cup will be held outside of Asia. The event, organized by England Kabaddi, Scottish Kabaddi and the British Kabaddi League, and it consists of 16 teams (men and women), including from India, Iran and Pakistan and will be held across the West Midlands during the first quarter of 2025.
Airgun shooting championship 2022
- The airgun shooting championship, being held at the Daegu in south korea,International Shooting Range, consists of competitions for juniors, youth, and seniors in air rifle and air pistol events.
- In that match Divyansh Singh Panwar beat South Korea’s Seungho won the gold with 260.7 points. Sri Karthik Sabari Raj finished third and got the bronze with 258.8 points. And India’s Kiran Ankush Yadav won the silver medal in men’s 10m air rifle event.
World Kindness Day
- World Kindness Day is an international holiday that was formed in 1998, to promote kindness throughout the world and is observed annually on November 13 as part of the World Kindness Movement.
- The theme of the world kindness day 2022 is “Be kind whenever possible“
World Diabetes day
- World Diabetes Day is observed on November 14 to raise awareness of diabetes as a global public health problem, it is established in 1991 by the International Diabetes Federation with support from WHO and World Diabetes Day became an officially announced by UN in 2006
- Theme of the day is , ‘Access to diabetes education’